We believe in humour and the power of not taking oneself too seriously. Stormy Weather Exchange is intended to be a place where you can get rid of all your daily hassles for a weekend to unwind in an adult environment where you can see and participate in something real.
In order to make this happen, however, we have a small list of expectations. To put it simply, by attending Stormy Weather Exchange, you agree to always show respect for everyone on-site.
This environment is for everyone regardless of gender/gender identity, race, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, religion, or whatever. We do not tolerate harassment of any kind. If you harass someone, you may be asked to leave; you may be kicked out for life. It is at our discretion so just don’t do it.
In keeping with the above, don’t use misogynist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or racist language. It’s not only wrong, but it’s also embarrassing and in poor form.
To be super-duper clear: No forms of harassment will be tolerated, which can include offensive verbal comments, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of workshops or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention, whether in person or online. Anyone engaging in this type of behaviour will be warned and/or ejected from the event without a refund at the organizer’s discretion.
Within the scope of these caveats, we would like you to do your thing. Should you have any harassment-related complaints, please bring your concerns to any member of the Stormy Weather Exchange staff. We will treat these issues with the strictest confidentiality. Your courage in coming forward can keep incidents from being repeated.
We would like all our participants to feel comfortable and safe, so we can truly share our enthusiasm for the world of Blues. Let us be considerate and kind, so we can all enjoy ourselves at Stormy Weather Exchange.
It is possible that some part of the program can not be realized (teachers, musicians, or DJs can get sick or suffer from travel problems). A change of the program is no reason for cancelling your registration. No matter what happens, we will do our best to give you a great experience.
We love to share the Stormy Weather experience with the Blues community, including sharing pictures and videos of the event. Of course, we will do our best to show everyone at their best (you can always get in touch with us or our photographers if you wish to have any picture or video removed) – and it’s to your advantage, too: you and everyone else will get nice memories of all the people you trained and danced with. So, by registering you:
- agree to be photographed by our official photographer(s) and other participants during the whole event you registered for (that can be group or individual pictures)
- agree that videos might be taken by our official photographer(s) and other participants during the whole event your registered for and you will be seen on them
- agree that we store pictures and videos on computers, hard discs, and servers owned or used by the organizers of the event
- agree that we store and publish pictures and videos via servers of social network companies, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Google,
- agree that you have granted us permission to use photographs and videos of participants for publicity purposes and marketing (including flyers and posts on our website, FB page, and Instagram feed),
- know that you can always withdraw from this agreement in written form; we will do our best to delete certain pictures or videos, but if you withdraw after publishing or printing we will only be able to delete on our own pages and stop future usage.